Buy Books Here!

Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Strong to the Hoop - John Coy

The reason that I bought this book was my son.  He is a basketball player in a hockey community. So I am continually on the lookout for inspiring basketball stories.I'm also obsessed with him becoming a reader (it will happen).

This one is interesting because it is a story about a young kid who gets the opportunity to play street ball with the older kids.  He is given a chance to prove himself.  The setting is urban and the artwork is wonderfully realistic.

I go back to writing however!  This is an excellent example of describing in great detail a single moment.

Get your students to highlight a moment in their life - real or imaginary.  How does it feel, sound, smell, taste?  What dialogue accompanies this moment?  What a great opportunity to write your feelings!

No comments:

Post a Comment